Friday, May 20, 2005

Exit Interview



Reached office early today for the exit interview, which was scheduled at 8:30 am. The GL of P&O project had consented, without any fuss- in fact he had even returned my missed calls, yesterday to take it. As I entered his cabin I remembered our picnic last year where in a cricket match I had jeered him, vociferously, while he was batting. He was the captain of the team playing against our team in the semifinals and I lead the hooting charge against him. He was probably the oldest player and a easy target for our jeering. He must have recognised me, a tinge of smile flashed across his lips (Now here you are. You puny fellow. I remember you shouting against me in that match). I prepared myself for the rough ride ahead.

But nothing untoward happened. I had to sit in his cabin for some time; he was busy with his mails. Then we went into the discussion room. He asked me about my experience in the organisation and was happy to learn that I had been with them for last 3 years. And on noticing that I am leaving for studying at IIM, he remarked that the exit interview was not needed. Then we discussed about my not taking sabbatical. He cleared my doubts by consulting with the HR head then and there. The interview ended on a pleasant not. He happily said, "Hope to see you join us after 2 years." The senior management out here is very professional. Some of this professionalism should spill over to the middle management.




Anonymous Anonymous said...
If you think the exit interview guy (lets call him R) remembered you, or worse -- remembered that you "jeered" him, you dont know him at all.

You can jeer him today and he'll do whatever he can for you tomorrow.  


Post a Comment