Thursday, April 28, 2005

No French Class for me



The Advanced French session, which would prepare students for international certification exam, started yesterday at TCS. I badly wanted to attend it. It would have been fun, something good to fill my time with before I joined WIMWI. Above all it would have made my resume look good.

But my PL spoiled the party. "Outgoing associates are not allowed to attend any training" was his response, after consulting with many seniors (he has been promoted, he is a consultant now), to my request for nomination for the session. But of course, he was his usual self. Plotting and planning; spoiling the plans his juniors have; for he has nothing better to do. Idle mind is a devils workshop.

It was OK if it had stopped here. May be they were right. Why should my company waste any money on people who are leaving? But it went farther than this. I learned from some reliable sources that somebody had posted a training guy in front of the classroom to drive me away, if I dared to turn up. Now this is the limit. It really hurts to know that people go to such lengths to have their plans succeed. And I thought my company was one big family. This is how family members are treated here.




Post a Comment