Finally, received my IIM-A confirmation letter today. Was a long wait considering that the results were declared on 6th April. The good news is that the confirmation fees is only Rs 500/-. A paltry sum to pay compared to the fees other institutes demand - something in the range of 40 to 50 thousand. Infact I learned from one of my friends that NITIE is demanding Rs 1,37,000/-, out of which 50 thousand is non-refundable.
Well I don't have to worry about that, neither do I have to worry about selling of my shares, now. I should manage Rs 500/- from somewhere.
IIM-C also blessed me with a call, and they were prompt in sending their confirmation.
I am planning to hand over my resignation tomorrow. Three long years of association with TCS will come to an end. Am presently busy with KSS ( knowledge sharing sessions).
My finances are in pretty bad shape. With the PGP fees and the two-year-expenses to take care of, I need to figure out something fast. And the steep fall in sensex isn't helping me either. Pray that it returns to the 6800 level, Amen.
Just Me said...
Interesting thing about the IIMs there. A place into which everybody wants to get into, yet the 'reserve-your-seat' fee being a paltry sum !
So you'll be entering 'A' with considerable experience for an Indian B-school. Wonder how much of the experience at one of India's premier organizations will help you at India's premier B-school.
Do post. This could really help a lot of us decide whether the experience is really worth the trouble ;-)
All the best.
Yashodeep Honmane said...
Actually the reserve-your-seat fees is paltry only for IIMA. All other IIM's B,C,K,L,I charge in excess of Rs 43,000/- which is strictly non-refundable.
For Work experience and my views refer my most recent posts.
Believe me it's really worth the trouble.
Post a Comment

